'IN RESIDENCE’ PROJECT
Since 2009, Barcelona Institute of Culture (ICUB) and Barcelona Education Consortium (CEB) have promoted Artists IN RESIDENCE at the schools of Barcelona, a pioneering programme in our country aimed at bringing contemporary art to state secondary schools through direct, continuous contact between an artist and pupils. Under IN RESIDENCE, then, an initiative developed in cooperation with the association A Bao A Qu, artists are invited to conceive a work that they will the produce together with a group of ESO compulsory secondary education pupils. Over the academic year, as part of the school timetable, these pupils take part in the conception and creation of the work.
The artists play the role of the authors at the school, creating their own works, whilst dissemination is carried out through participation, discussion and direct contact with the work and the artist. Thought and analysis are also very important aspects of the learning process, and blogs are created in order to channel and share such activities.
‘In residency’ project, Graner-Mercat de les Flors acts as the mediator
- IES Barri Besòs with Andrés Waksman.
- IES Josep Comas i Solà with Constanza Brnčić.
- IES Montjuïc with Jorge Dutor and Guillem Mont de Palol.
- IES Moisès Broggi with Big Bouncers.
- IES Josep Comas i Solà with Toni Mira.
- IES Montjuïc with Societat Doctor Alonso.
- IES Menéndez i Pelayo with Aimar Pérez Galí.
- IES Milà i Fontanals with Loscorderos.sc.
- IES Joan Coromines with Àngels Margarit.
More info: http://www.enresidencia.org/en