I like to define myself as a dancer because it is what drives my practice, whether in the field of choreography, writing, pedagogy, research or interpretation; although I think of them in an interrelated way. I am interested in dance not as an end in itself but as a tool for social, political and cultural critical transformation. I wonder what would happen if dance, or movement, formed part of the academic curriculum of the educational system. I like working with people, generating community and thinking from a broad and inclusive us. I am very interested in feminism, critical theory, gender and postcolonial studies. Since my parents told me it was too critical, but this critical spirit is the engine that motivates me to continue researching and thinking about other ways of relating to each other, always understanding the body as the place of experience. The projects I develop are based on this premise, precisely: the body as a place of experience and how it is incarnated, what discourses we embody and the possibility that these discourses help us build a certain utopia of emancipation and freedom. I always start from a deep investigation into a specific topic or concept that arouses a particular interest and I look for the way that it relates to body, movement and dance. But it is important to say that the main motor is love and devotion.
- 2013 · with Mercat de les Flors · Delta
- 2014 · collaboration Festival Sâlmon< · Accumulating + En RESiDÈNCiA + FF80
- 2015 · collaboration FID · Sudando el discurso
- 2016 · collaboration Sâlmon< The Touching Community
- 2017 · with Mercat de les Flors · Èpica
- 2018 ·collaboration Festival Sâlmon< · Èpica
* Photographs by Jordi Surribas i Mònica Lou