Sismògraf OPEN CALL: The festival is seeking 12 female-identifying dance artists to perform in "City Horses" in dialogue with Figueres es Mou and Graner.
In our cities, on bronze horses, proud kings quietly stare above our heads. Their history and visual male dominance daily manifested and passed on to the next generation. Where are the women and their stories? City Horses, a dance work created by Swedish artists Anna Källblad and Helena Bystrom, is a city choreography for female dancers about power, existence and the female body in the public space, a gallop through cities, a living monument in constant motion, celebrating female courage and power of all ages. This project was sellectet by Big Pulse Dance Alliance as one of the three outdoor pieces to be coproduced by the partner festivals. We are taking the opportunity to spread Helena’s and Anna’s work throught the Catalan territory.
We are seeking
• Female or female identifying local dance artists (18+)
• Professional artists and student/graduate artists
• Artists who want to develop their creative skills and gain insight into working in
the public space. Artists should be open to working collaboratively.
• Artists who have experience working on, with or for site.
• Artists who can demonstrate sensitivity around inter-/intra-cultural exchange
Applications will be assessed by the Sismògraf team and the choreographers and need to be submitted at firstname.lastname@example.org before 13 February 2022 at 23:59.
If you have any questions about the application process, please email our producer at email@example.com