Sonia Gómez (La Sénia, Tarragona): dancer, performer and choreographer. I studied Dance and Contemporary Choreography at the Institut del Teatre in Barcelona and at P.A.R.T.S Brussels. Since 2004 I have created my own shows. I have been awarded several prizes: FAD Prize 2007 Sebastià Gasch // Prize 2010 in the most Innovative Hall of the tour for “The Experiences with a stranger”. International Feria / Huesca // Prize Delfí Colomer 2017 Special Mention for “A Vore” // Prize 2018 Best Dance Show Prizes Butxaca for “A Vore”.
My performative strategies: I can go to that site, relate, let me know, make me understand, strengthen my position, let me out, jumping an obstacle, forcing the situation, overcome my own brand, distrust, notice the blush, try again, persevere, test, provoke, correct the path, seek balance, leave without being seen, come back, try again, close the eyes, err, succumb, falling, melt or float and retire early.
- 2014 · open call · Bailarina
- 2014 · with Lucy Suggate, with Mercat de les Flors and Modul-dance · The Inquisitive Middle
- 2015 · open call · Bailarina amb Javier Cuevas
- 2016 · open call · Bailarina amb Begoña Cuquejo
- 2017 · with Pere Jou / collaboration with Sismògraf and Dansa Ara· Apel·lació a la pedra
- 2019/20 · associated artist of Graner
- 2021 · with Mercat de les Flors · The black body, the blue mind and the fluorescent guts
As a associated artist of Graner:
- The black body, the blue mind and the fluorescent guts
- Education project with Graner at Escola Barkeno
- Participation on the Graner’s management